My friend, Josh, and I have been reading the same research and affirming its validity in our own business practices as well as those of our clients.
Discounting's Carbon Footprint - Part 1
'Sales' and discounting are as expensive for the environment as they are for buyers and sellers.
4K HDTV: A Step Too Far?
A simple strategy for evaluating a buyer's willingness to pay for an enhancement.
Oprah's Roller Coaster Ride
Even the best and brightest make the occasional misstep. What can we learn from their mistakes?
California dairy farmers sour on pricing system
For anyone who ever wondered what challenges a centralized government faces...and what havoc it can wreak.
Logic vs. Emtion
If CEOs know how to avoid the race to the bottom in pricing, then why are they still running?
QUICK Value Adding Strategies
Many business owners and stockholders in privately held businesses don't get the value they deserve when the business is sold because they've overlooked a couple of quick value add strategies. Read on.
ChaChing! Part 1
What's keeping you from employing value pricing? Let's look at some of the more common reasons and why they don't pass muster.
Is Strategic Pricing Dead?
Not yet, but it's on life support. See why.
Thanks For Nothing: Workers Lose Holiday As Retail Expands Hours
And we wonder why our employees don't treat our customers well. This violates every principle highlighted in Ken Blanchard's book 'Raving Fans.'
Overlooked Benefits of Price Analysis
There are a lot of benefits from periodic review of your pricing strategy. Here's one example.
N Brown chief sees less discounting - FT.com
Alan White, chief executive of catalogue and online clothes retailer N Brown, has forecast less discounting in the run-up to Christmas than was seen last year – offering some hope to battered retailers. N Brown reported a 7 per cent fall in interim
Price-matching becomes retail holiday strategy
As the author suggests, price matching is no assurance that retailers will retain the 'bargain hunters.' What's worse is that it can have a devastating effect on retailers' bottom lines. As long as retailers continue to operate from fear instead and cater to bargain hunters, they'll train...
- Amex and Walmart challenge retail banks - FT.com
- Tesco profit falls but turnaround 'on track'
- Everything That's Wrong With Retail Summed Up In One Question
- Everyday low pricing poses risks for Lowe's
- Wal-Mart Slides After Profit Forecast Trails Some Estimates
- Why You Can Raise Prices Now
- Macy's profit climbs 16%
- Colgate Profit Up On Higher Prices
- Penney CEO sticking with unsuccessful pricing strategy
- JCPenney: Not A Pricing Failure
- Higher pricing boosts Select Comfort's margins
- Robo-pricing: The latest pricing game?
- Amazon 'robo-pricing' sparks fears - FT.com
- No profit in Nexus 7 pricing
- Drug shortages are about quality, but also about price
- El Corte Inglés Announces Low Pricing Strategy