Retailers continuously fret over holiday sales, what their competitors are doing and what impact all of these things will have on their bottom line. Are their fears well-founded? Are their competitors really to blame?
Differentiate or Die - PRICING FOR PROFIT - More than setting a price.
Logically we, as sellers, know we need to differentiate. How well are we buying into that concept? Let's see.
Are salespeople being trained to overlook an essential element in qualifying prospects? Read on.
Pricing Tips from the Oracle of Omaha
Here are Warren Buffett's thoughts on pricing. While I agree with most of them, I do take exception to one comment.
Is Walmart in the midst of a makeover? Will this attempt to move away from 'Always low prices, always' actually work where others have failed? If so, why? These questions are answered and the answers will be surprising.
Kroger Ends Double Coupons; New Pricing Strategy Coming
The changes begin Sunday, Sept. 8. Gwinnett stores are affected.
A Disturbing Trend in Pricing?
Business leaders are lamenting customers' low price focus. Why? Can we change it?
Pricing and Social Conscience
In this post we'll explore governments' use of pricing mechanism to cure social ills. Good strategy or bad policy? I'll let you decide.
An Interesting Question
Pricing extended warranties - can price make a difference in the number of sales made?
The Destruction of Value
Companies are destroying their own value every day. Discover how and why.
High-low pricing method gets slammed in court ruling
Several valuable messages here. 1) If you find regulation costly, stop inviting it. 2) Here's yet another potential cost of catering to low-price buyers. 3) Imagine the recordkeeping required to assure that you're 'sale' isn't violating this law.
Increase Average Sale Price | A Simple Psychological Trick
My friend, Josh, and I have been reading the same research and affirming its validity in our own business practices as well as those of our clients.
Discounting's Carbon Footprint - Part 1
'Sales' and discounting are as expensive for the environment as they are for buyers and sellers.
- Oprah's Roller Coaster Ride
- California dairy farmers sour on pricing system
- Logic vs. Emtion
- QUICK Value Adding Strategies
- ChaChing! Part 1
- Is Strategic Pricing Dead?
- Thanks For Nothing: Workers Lose Holiday As Retail Expands Hours
- Overlooked Benefits of Price Analysis
- N Brown chief sees less discounting - FT.com
- Price-matching becomes retail holiday strategy
- Apple asked to reveal pricing policy
- Amex and Walmart challenge retail banks - FT.com
- Tesco profit falls but turnaround 'on track'
- Everything That's Wrong With Retail Summed Up In One Question
- Everyday low pricing poses risks for Lowe's
- Wal-Mart Slides After Profit Forecast Trails Some Estimates